Monday, April 2, 2012

R.E. Style Feature : Papercraft

For today's Rew Elliott Style feature I am so happy to bring back one of my "Real Wedding" brides,  Maile Ehlers, owner of Papercraft. Maile was inspired to start her business after designing the invitations for her own wedding. She is currently transitioning from her full time job as a graphic designer to her new role as full time entrepreneur



Photos Courtesy of: Asthete Studios via Papercraft

As Maile told me, "I had never been one of those girls who dreamed about their wedding day, but once I got into it I was totally hooked. We wanted something that was really unique, affordable and screamed "us", and I didn't feel like any of those stock invitations would work." Designing the invitations quickly evolved into designing "literally every aspect of our wedding. I couldn't wait to come home from work to work on my wedding projects." 


After her wedding, and at the encouragement of her husband, Maile opened her Etsy shop and has been "creating for happy couples ever since."



Here's more from my interview with Maile:


Describe your work in 5 words. 
Rustic, Unique, Natural, Custom, Contemporary 



Do you do custom work?
Oh yes, this is our biggest selling point. Everything is customizable. We change the colors and wording to our bride's specifications, and often, brides will come to us saying they love our style but want something new and different for themselves, so we will design something from scratch for them.



What do you do at Papercraft that sets you apart? 
I focus on everything being handmade, natural and most of all - unique! I think inserting handmade elements into weddings makes them so much more special and more relatable to the couple. 






What or who inspires you? 
EVERYTHING! Today, we were looking at craft beers (which I highly suggest if you're ever having difficulty coming up with ideas) and I was sitting there taking pictures on my iphone - They get really creative with their packaging and trigger insane ideas I probably wouldn't have had otherwise. I also love driving around our old town - there is so much history here, it gives me so many ideas for vintage and unique designs.



What are you doing when you are not creating? 
When I'm NOT creating? Does that exist?! Haha. When I'm not busy with my business or cleaning the house, I spend time with my husband and 1 year old kitty, Milky, and fix up our 1920's home.




What is your studio or work space like? 
My space is constantly changing. Right now I work in our personal office, but we are working on making our gorgeous attic into my new studio. I can't wait!






What is your best advice for creating a harmonious and happy marriage? 
I think the most important thing in every aspect of life is about balance, and we are all always struggling to find that happy place. 



What advice would you give to couples seeking to make their wedding memorable and special? Focus on the things you really care about - are you an environment-friendly couple? Focus on elements that utilize sustainability and recycled materials.




Is there anything else you would like my readers to know about you or your business? 
I absolutely love creating, and I always work with brides on a budget. Being that I went through it myself, I know how important it is to find something you really love without breaking the bank, and I strive to make this happen for every bride I work with. I am super flexible and I really just want another cool project to work on!
Photos Courtesy of: Asthete Studios via Papercraft


Make sure to stop by and visit Maile at her Etsy shop, on Twitter, and Facebook!




Would you like to see your wedding related business featured on Rew Elliott Style? Submit today!




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful feature! I love the answer for the question, "What or who inspires you?" It's just so true that we can find inspiration in even the smallest things...Great pictures, and I love the invitations shown. I will have to check out her shop!
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com
    Visiting from Blogging Buddies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...